Sunday, January 30, 2011

To a woman with mostly male friends

Now that I think back to some years ago and our lunch times together, I remember how into games and internet and novels you were (and most likely still are.)  I never gave much thought to our gender difference since I am so much older, so I simple saw you as a person with certain interests. But now that I think about it, you impressed me as a very dynamic intellect, intellectually aggressive, so nothing stereotypically "feminine" not that it is fair for anyone to stereotype. So, in retrospect,  I realize that your persona would understandable fit better with males than females. All those movies like "Sex In The City" and "Friends" and "Seinfeld" condition us to assume that we should have a certain group of friends that are always there and interact with one another in a certain fashion.  Art imitates life but life is rarely considerate enough to reciprocate and imitate art.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?