Sunday, February 06, 2011

10 Friends on Facebook vs 4000 clowns

Actually, what he said was that he was SHOCKED that I could be so stupid as to imply that people in India know any more about religion than other people.... well, what I was TRYING to say is that the CULTURE of India, and people like Sarvapalli Radhakrisnan or Rabindrath Tagore or even Salman Rushdie, immersed in that ancient culture have a clearer vision of the total spectrum of religious expression from adwaita to vasisth-dwaita to dwaita... and I have met many Roman Catholic priests from South India who can run circles around the many priests I have known from Ireland and Italy and USA, BECAUSE educated people in India are immersed in an ancient culture which understands pluralism and syncretism.... NO I DID NOT mean that every street whore in Calcutta knows more about religion than all 300 million Americans.  But I see that fellow as a clown anyway. I thought about challenging him to compare writings and he can look at the 12 years of my writings at my wordpress blog and i can look at the years of his writings and the blog which he probably does not have, and so he is a clown, and I will not call anyone an a-hole... but I would rather have only 10 genuine people on FB than 5000 clowns. Thank you!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?