Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does God's Mercy Lower the Bar?

So, mercy is lowering the bar... no?  I am not trying to irritate  you. but sometimes I just ask myself what certain things really MEAN... like for instance in a waiting room of a hospital, there is one empty seat so you walk up and ask "is anyone sitting there" well.. Godammit, you can see it is empty, and then someone says, "Oh, sorry someone is sitting there..." well AGAIN Goddamit NO ONE IS SITTING THERE...   You know Gandhi explained in his autobiography quite clearly WHY he rejected Christianity after a prolonged study of it in England... because he would see Christians sin in the most casual fashion and when he questioned them they explained "Oh, well, we are constantly mystically cleansed by our baptismal waters and the blood of the crucifixion" and Gandhi said "I do not wish simply to escape the CONSEQUENCES of my wrong-doing but if possible I want to extinguish iniquity at its very source."  So I sneeze, and someone says "God bless"  well, that is because of the bubonic plague, and the idea that the soul briefly leaves the body... so why should God bless me when I sneeze? What I need is a kleenex or at least some toilet tissue.  ... with all due respect.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?