Thursday, February 24, 2011

Forbidden Fruit Is Sweetest

Speaking of "an affair" - I suddenly occurs to me that no one speaks of an old married couple as "an affair" - and I am reminded of the movie "Damage" with Jeremy Irons - who has an affair with his son's fiancee, and at breakfast one day he proposes marriage... and she says... "You mean, we would have breakfast each and every morning like this, with you reading the newspaper?" and he smiles and says "Yes.." and she says "But that is exactly what you have with your wife, and you are bored with it.." very powerful scene ... we like what is daring and forbidden, and then once it becomes condoned, sanctified, then it is no longer forbidden and can even become BORING! Of course at my age and circumstances, I could never find anyone boring. Simply being ambulatory is ceaseless enchanting fascination to me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?