Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Stupidity of the Dodo Bird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Franken

Alan Stuart "Al" Franken (born May 21, 1951) is the junior United States Senator fromMinnesota. He is a member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, which affiliates with the national Democratic Party.

Franken achieved note as a writer and performer for the television show Saturday Night Livefrom its inception in 1975 before moving to writing and acting in films and television shows. He then became a political commentator, author of five books and host of a nationally syndicated radio show on the Air America Radio network.


Al Franken, the former comedian, was in a close race for the United States Senate in Minnesota. I do hope he doesn't drink beer. I mean that would be a Franken-stein, now wouldn't it? It just seems a tad, well... monstrous.


You see, comedians DO succeed on occasion. And you will notice that his skill at juggling balls help him now with juggling budgets and contributions. I hope he was at least as good as "Bedtime for Bonzo" and "Terminator."  I suppose if environmental issues are not properly addressed we will have a "Bonzo Terminator" ... I mean... all those poor monkeys and creatures going extinct, like the dodo bird. Now the dodo was not very bright because people would walk up to it and it would just stare at them and then they would club its brains out and eat it. Did the word "inhumane" ever strike you as odd. I mean it is mostly humans who are inhumane. I mean who were the humane ones... perhaps Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Kate Smith... I mean you could count them on your fingers and toes.  Do you think Mr. Franken will like my little jokes? Do you think he might STEAL my material. Well, I hope not. Please do not steal Mr. Franken. We need honesty and transparency. Actually, what we need is "a straight man." I say Abbott would make a better president than Costello. A good straight man is hard to find. And Abbott could figure out that "Who's on First Base" so he should be able to balance the budget and bring back prosperity. Yes, I really think we need endless prosperity and growth. But, we are running out of places to explore and conquer and exploit. In fact some of those exploited places are starting to exploit us. Well, I guess we deserve it, like the dodo.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?