Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Why bother to Twitter or Plurk?

a few people are curious to know what I think about each day, so they may follow ReadGreatBooks , my twitter, and access the full link at williambuell.posterous.com via the small url.  Twitter is not very interactive. Plurk on the other hand allows threads with discussions and I find many school teachers use Plurk in that fashion.  Obviously there are people who follow Twitters for someone like Sara Palin, or a sports team, there are threads for Ayn Rand enthusiasts.... threads for cuisine, local news and events of a city...  and then there are business concerns which use twitter to promote things.... I am certain there are MANY Ubuntu/Linux twitter feeds to follow.  I mean, let us say you had a professor or teacher who was important in your life, and they blogged the way I do, 5 or 10 times a day, into a twitter feed.  Yesterday I happened to like a passage by a critic on the critic Lionel Trilling, so I posted it to williambuell.posterous.com

Some people follow twitter feeds like a stock market ticker tape, to stay informed minute to minute. 1000 people at a political convention might twitter and someone funnels all those into one feed. 

Another thing is simply a curious passtime.... teens and tweens will tweet to each other, and it is similar to phone texting...

There are many reasons to post to twitter, and many different reasons, motives to follow certain twitter feeds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?