Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Soul Doth Magnify The Lord

When the Greeks baptize someone, they SING a verse which says "All ye who have been baptized in Christ have put on Christ [as a garment]" .. i.e clothed in Christ...  and then the old man dies as Paul says...  I knew a girl all through grade schoo junior high and high who carried a Bible constantly, and read it repeatedly (old and new test).. and wanted to be a missionary and did so in college and married a preacher. I spent some hours finding her number a few years ago to tell her how I admired and remembered her all these years.. and she commented that "I am happy to have allowed Christ to live THOUGH my life."   So I see some validity in this notion of magnification. Like Platos Republic where they say that the society/polity is "the soul written in large letters."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?