Monday, June 27, 2011

How do we define love

How do we define "love" - years ago out of curiosity I opened Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and searched for the first occurrence of the word "love" and found to my surprise that it was the love of wild game mean that Esau's father had for the dishes that Esau prepared.  The word "faith" only occurs TWICE, and the first time in the NEGATIVE (faithlessness Deut. 32) so I began to ponder why the themes of love and faith are not developed more rigorously in the Old Testament if they are so essential to religion. Socrates speaks of "loving" (desiring) only that which we do not possess saying "The Gods do not love wisdom for they possess it" which makes love in to a kind of absence. Genesis 27:4 "make me savory meat such as I love"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?