Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How to join the Diaspora chat at jabber

Step 1, go to http://www.jabber.org/create-an-account/ and create a jabber account or if you like simply install
http://www.pidgin.im/ which is one of the many jabber clients available and then pidgin will allow you to create a jabber account.

It is necessary to realize in pidgin that XMPP is what you will be choosing because jabber is an XMPP service. 

My jabber identity is billbuell@jabber.org

As soon as you get jabber running you may add me as a "buddy".

If you search for chat rooms then the room you want is DIASPORA and will be found in conference.jabber.org in the ROOM LIST.

IF you request billbuell@jabber.org as a buddy then I can INVITE you to the room.

Of course you are free to create any number of chat rooms in jabber and you will be the OWNER/FOUNDER/SUPERADMIN of each room that you create.

I am the OWNER of diaspora simply because I was the one to create it. Once you are in the chat room you can enter /help and see all the commands available.

You may POSSIBLY not be able to post to the room UNTIL I issue the command /affiliate member <your nick goes here>

I may also use the AFFILIATE command to promote a member to ADMIN or even OWNER.  

Please feel free to post your comments, additions, corrections and I will update this link.

I will create a TINYURL so that I may post this link in the diaspora chat room in the TOPIC

IF you need to join Diaspora then may I suggest http://diasp.org 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?