Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is it hate speech to say SCUMBAG CHURCH?

I dislike ministries which stress wealth and Adam Smith's notion of "the invisible hand of God" creating prosperity based upon doctrinal belief, AND I respect your right to chose to label them as a "scumbag church" BUT my question concerns how Google Plus proposes to distinguish valid points of criticism from what it calls "hate speech."  It has been my habit over the years to excoriate and vilify ideologies which I detest with terms like "scumbag" or worse but now I am giving serious consideration to moderating my vocabulary so that I will not be considered guilty of "hate mongering" or inciting others to something inappropriate. I personally do not find your term offensive at all but now I realize that the Terms of Use of various social networks open up a can of worms as to what exactly constitutes "hate speech."

If I say that I 'hate spinach' then will some BOT suspend my account on the grounds of "hate speech."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?