Monday, July 11, 2011

A Media Whore in the White House

I grew up watching Buckley on * Firing Line* and admiring his powerful intellect. There are political observers who say that a Buckley or a Goldwater could not arise in our current cultural and political climate and I am sure they are correct but I wonder exactly WHY.  I do remember Eisenhower and I could not imagine Eisenhower doing the night-time talk show circuit or doing stand-up comedy at a Dean Martin style roast - but in our times politicians are expected to entertain us and be photogenic. When I saw Sarah Palin and William Shatner on stage doing a routine I said to myself "Shatner is *SUPPOSED* to be a media whore since showbusiness is his livelihood but what would we want a media whore in the White House?"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?