Monday, July 11, 2011

Open Source Distributed Networks

I have been on Diaspora* for a month. I think they have made a lot of progress for a small number of developers who are not heavily funded.  I enjoy the Diaspora* experience. I think there will always be a need for some kind of open source distributed social network. I think Google should make efforts to help ALL social networking apps communicate with each other... stop and think... in the 1980s everyone was developing their own proprietary back end file management system (Btrieve, Dbase)... but NOW there is a SQL standard and each brand of SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL) differ only in minor ways in non ansi features like triggers and procedures. Google should release an open source app that can be installed on anyones machine and communicate with all other social networks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?