Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Progress of Google Plus

My only real concern is this business I hear about complaints lodged against "griefers" (yes I understand the concept in game-ers but I feel it does not apply to HANGOUTS) which suggests to me that the young hoy poly might gang up on the elderly left wing intellectuals and get their accounts suspended simply because they express minority dissenting opinion. I.E. I am concerned about the preservation of constitutional free speech amendment rights so I dont think it is fair that there should be report flags such that if twenty teenagers decide to enter into collusion and get one senior citizen's account suspended. I think that BOTS should also be ably to tally tattle-tail-ism and out those malicious people who attempt to use report or spam or grief buttons in a malicious fashion.  Malice is a two way street and there is something called "tyranny of the majority."  Our civil rights bill would never have been passed solely my majority vote.

Other than the above concern I think G+ is amazing. I was able to join a hangout with two other like-minded people in my age group and it is awesome how the camera turns to the person with the microphone!

I am aware of the disputes over pseudonyms and I have come to understand the position of those who choose to use them but it does not affect me personally since long ago I resolved to use my real name everywhere on the Internet.

I continue with my life on Facebook and the one difference I notice is that there is a 'flavor' or 'ambiance' created when several people interact in the same thread where everyone sees everyone else's posts.  On the other hand when I want to discuss something private I have to use a more private application like Logitech VID whereas if I use circles properly than in theory I would not have to leave G+ for such intimate conversations.

Yesterday I did raise the question of HOW free we are to say what we please in private, limited threads and to what extent we might be monitored by the morality police bots (or whatever G+ uses to enforce rules.)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?