Sunday, August 21, 2011

Protestant dialogue - 3

Simply says: "I confess you as the Son of God and invite you into my life as my enabler" and you will be born again .... and again .... and again ...
They are known as reprobates, or perhaps recidivism, backsliding, and there is even a verse which the Greeks refer to as "divine abandonment" but I would have to Google. I sincerely believe that Satan waited for something like indulgences and someone like Luther to unleash upon the world the soul destroying notion that one is guaranteed salvation by paying lip service to a few sentences of doctrine and I see this as soul-destroying for the simple reason that it makes people complacent and lazy, lulling them into a false sense of security. Surely in that parable about the judgment the people who said "Lord, Lord, we worked miracles"  must have sincerely believed that their salvation was guaranteed. When that man asked Christ "Good Rabbi, what must I do to gain eternal life" Jesus did not say "confess me as the Son of God and invite me into your life as your personal savior" but rather he told him to look to Moses and the commandments. Do you feel Christ was lying in that verse? But when the man is insistent then Christ describes what sounds like monasticism to me, to sell all that you have, give it to the poor, take up your cross and follow me. And where in all your Protestant emotionalism and Bible rock-and-roll is there any sign of monastic renunciation or asceticism. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?