Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Difference Between Redemption and Salvation

I took a 2 year (once a week) Bible study class with Brother Jerry, a Marist Brother. I once asked him how he would respond to the question "Are you saved?"  He replied "I would say I am REDEEMED." So I asked him "What is the difference between redemption and salvation?"  

He explained it this way:

"Imagine 10 men who are in prison. A good person comes and pays their fines and bail.  The jailor unlocks the ten cell doors. Eight of the prisoners choose to avail themselves of the freedom, arise, and leave the prison. Two of the men choose not to leave.  All ten have been redeemed. Only eight chose to participate with that redemption and be saved."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?