Friday, September 16, 2011

Post at Tom's China Blog

Great review! Very accurate! This is my 3rd week working intensively on Rosetta Stone Mandarin
I created a wordpress blog to post regarding my progress. http://rosettastonemandarin.wordpress.com/

I found free software that accepts words in any language including Mandarin idiograms and will build a vocabulary sorted by frequency of word occurrence.  I paste characters and pinyin into a Google Document (spreadsheet and powerpoint also work). I export to RTF (Rich Text Format).  I build a slide show of characters, pinyin, translation, and links to pronunciation and stroke order of how to write and all this is at my wordpress blog.

http://www.tomschinablog.com/rosetta-stone-mandarin-chinese-independent-review/#comment-816

I cannot make progress without resorting to translations. I search on pinyin or on pictograms and I depend heavily on translate.google.com  .  I would like to connect with other Mandarin learners in Google Plus Social Network and/or Facebook.

I am Twitter.com/ReadGreatBooks some of which is my Chinese study and the rest is blogging/essays.

I paste my vocabulary into Google Spreadsheet and then add flash cards to the Google Documents power point slide show.

Google Plus "HANGOUTS" would be a great way for several people to practice speaking or for a native Mandarin speaker studying English to work with a native English speaker studying Mandarin.

Google Plus

Facebook

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?