Saturday, September 17, 2011

Why did you choose Rosetta Stone Mandarin

My wife suddenly asked if I wanted a Rosetta Stone course for $480 and which language so I immediately said Mandarin... because 1.2 billion people speak it, it fascinates me, I want to experience pictograms.. I would NEVER have begged, nagged her for the money for such a purchase... if I had a second choice it would be Hindi... which is spoken by 1 billion.. also , i am a 20 minute walk from Chinatown and my building has many Mandarin speakers...
also, gradual economic dominance, importance of China... not that I will EVER be fluent, and it is doubtful that I could become even COMPETENT, FUNCTIONAL... but... I want to see if 62 year old can still learn another language

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?