Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grammar and Style in Blog Posts

Oh please.... I am a lonely, tragic old man with no intellectual contact with the outside world EXCEPT blogging on social networks. I touch- type 60 wpm and I blog these thoughts in a matter of minutes. Some of the stuff is not bad. YOU just got through complaining that you object to intellectuals when because of elitism. Well, you and certain others are equally elitist to make snarky remarks about grammar, style, lack of footnotes. I DON'T feel like worrying about paragraphs or footnotes. These are blogs, not doctoral dissertations and some people thumb them into Blakberries. I DO try to heed the spell checker and google for occasional increased accuracy. But to ask me for PARAGRAPHS is snarky and slightly absurd given the fact that many people are really not on the same wavelength with me so they aren't going to bother to carefully read all that I write and resonate with it as if it were some insight that they share. And IF Facebook were a medium with the ability to EDIT (like Google Plus), then perhaps as a reread I might add corrections and paragraphs, but one cannot edit a post, so it is a first draft format. So if someone is going to be snotty and criticize my spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, then dont bother reading the ideas that I slave to pound out in between the mundane tasks of life. Just dont bother to read what I write. I find it amusing that those who most loudly scold about form and style spelling do not really have the sort of mind that would recognize something profound if it leaped off the page and hit them in the face. If you clowns love paragraphs and style and footnotes than just go sit at the feel of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann and listen to how Jesus talks to them every day and tells them to be president and dream your dreams about how some great avataric leader will single-handedly fix this dying world in a two term eight year presidency.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?