Friday, October 21, 2011

Ubuntu and Digital Photo Uploads

F-Spot Photo management for GNOME http://f-spot.org/
I had a pleasant surprise when I plugged the USB of my Panasonic LUMIX camera into my new Ubuntu machine and it automatically launghed F-Spot and copied the photos more quickly and with fewer mouse clicks than on Windows using the software that came with the camera. Before I tried this I googled on Panasonic Lumix Ubuntu to make certain it would not harm the camera. I noticed that some people had difficulties back in 2008. Now Ubuntu simply automatically handles the tast BUT I cannot navigate the the camera as a mass storage device nor can I find a command to eject, safely remove. The camera promps me to choose pict-bridge (the choice for Ubuntu) or PC (the choice for Windows.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?