Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The God of the Ant Farm

Imagine me as caretaker of an ant farm and it is my duty to see to the well being of thousands of ants. I like ants. I care about them. I study them. I give them food and water and medicine. I am very close, physically, to all of them because I stand and watch over them day and night and yet for them I am invisible because I am so huge and they are so small. Many of the ants doubt my very existence. I cannot recognize any individual ant. If one and dies I do not grieve because I know that their life span is short. IF the entire colony were to die then I would grieve. I have an IMPERSONAL relationship with each individual ant. Now some of the ants might imagine a giant in the sky who provides for them while others find such a notion to be rubbish. But those ants who DO imagine an invisible caretaker cannot possibly comprehend my true nature or personality, my occasional weariness, impatience or sense of humor.

Imagine that one day an ant wanders on to a huge driveway. I watch the ant move in ever increasing circles. I "foreknow" or foresee that the ant will eventually reach the cool protection of the grass. The ant is unaware of my presence. The ant assumes it is walking in a straight line. My FOREKNOWLEDGE from my hyperdimensional vantage point in no way ROBS the ant of its free will to walk in any direction.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?