Monday, November 07, 2011

人人网 - Rén Rén Wǎng - Everyone Network - China's TWITTER

Chinesecaptcha

I just now spent four hours joining RenRenWang which is China's answer to Twitter. It took me several hours BECAUSE the signup is all in Chinese, naturally, BUT the hardest part is the CHINESE CAPTCHA and here is a screenshot of the tool I used and the captcha which finally worked.

Here is the first message I received upon sign-up (translated by translate.google.com


Hi, � 威 � (My name in Chinese which is REQUIRED in Chinese and can be no more than 6 characters), everyone is welcome to join network family!
Here you can create a personalized space, post the log, upload photos; understand the Friends of the latest developments,
Play games with them. We believe you will like here!
This is a guide, I hope you can help Oh!


The name I chose for myself in Chinese is Bì Wēi Lùn which sort of means: Complete Prestige Theory

人人网 - Rén rén wǎng - Everyone Network

The most popular site for this is www.renren.com (人人网 – rén rén wǎng), which translates literally as the “Everyone Network.” (The THIRD character, WANG, 网 , means WEB or NET) With over 160 million users, the site is extremely popular amongst college students. Just like Facebook, users create a profile with information about their education, hobbies, and hometown. The popularity of this site is extending outside of the Middle Kingdom, as Renren is geared up to make an IPO in the US. If you want to find your friends in China, this is probably the best place to look!
人人网,中国领先的实名制SNS社交网络。加入人人网,找到老同学,结识新朋友。

http://www.renren.com
And here is the link to the site that let me draw the CAPTCHA characters free-hand with the mouse, which was difficult when I was not certain of the proper stroke-order, plus CAPTCHA intentionally distorts slightly. It took me 4 hours and 20 attempts before I finally got in with 一丝一毫, Yīsīyīháo, "shred"

http://www.nciku.com/

I was greatly assisted in all this by what I have learned about writing in Chinese at http://www.skritter.com 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?