Friday, January 27, 2012

Reformation Piety

I spent 20 years (from my 20s into my 40s) with the most conservative Greek Orthodox group, the "Old Calendarists." My views will always reflect that influence.  Each age has numerous wicked people a a minority of righteous people. Satan does not use every wicked person as an instrument. But I believe that Satan did use Luther as a powerful instrument to forge a false Christ to beguile and lull people into the complacent belief that their salvation is guaranteed by the simple lip service of once inviting Christ (this false Christ, an angel of light) into their heart as their "personal Savior" and then enjoy an "intimate relationship."  I do not find evidence of such a Reformation piety in the first 800 years of Christianity.  If you feel that I am mistaken then why let the words of a foolish old man bother you?  If you have deep faith in your Reformation piety and your salvation by faith alone, then you should simply ignore my views.  I see Luther as a lusty addictive personality who could not endure his vows of chastity. He even wrote sermons about the voluptuous breasts of the Virgin Mary who nurses the infant Jesus.  Luther KNEW that the Greek Orthodox had always functioned without a Pope. Luther COULD have chosen to life out his monastic vows among the Greeks. Instead he redesigned Christianity and made celibacy something unnatural and evil. Then he married a former nun and sired many children.  Luther ignored verses such as "better never to vow at all then to vow and not pay" and "make your vows and pay them to the Lord."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?