Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sex in Moderation

It occurs to me that sex is an important "part of life" ... but "part of life" means there are other things in life so if and when it becomes "all of life" then something is out of balance. I know a woman in her late 30s who married a much ...younger man in his early 20s (they later divorced.) She said when he came home each day THAT'S ALL HE WANTED TO DO... and she said she was tired and wanted to do other things and only do that some times, but not ALL the time.

I know what my friend said about her younger husband. I also know many true stories and confessions from my college days. ALSO, there are case studies of certain people who have 500 contacts per week. As Carl Saga used to say "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." I was Greek Orthodox for 20 years (from age 23 to age 43) and in a monastery for 13 months. I seriously doubt that Christ had sex but I can feel compassion for those who feel the need to see Christ as a sexual person. Jesus said "Some are born eunuchs' some are made eunuchs by others and some make eunuchs of themselves for the sake of the kingdom of God. This is a hard saying but let those to who that grace has been given take it up." I am paraphrasing from memory. Now lets see what I can google. 

http://bible.cc/matthew/19-12.htm

And we can add to that Paul's statement that "it is better to marry than to burn"

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/7-9.htm

And I will add to this what was said by Cephas in Book One of Plato's Republic. Socrates and his companions saw the old man, Cephas (whose name literally means HEAD), and said "How is your service of Aphrodite" (i.e. how is your sex life) and Cephas answered that when one reaches old age then one is "freed from many mad masters."

It is wise to read the thread for clues. It is wiser to read scriptures and the classics. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?