Monday, January 16, 2012

Smelly Hats

I realize I am a heretic. I feel that if there is a God (and I can neither prove nor disprove existence) then surely that God knows each and every thought and therefore God knows my benevolent mood towards your mother and her joints. But even before I had my thought, God knew about your mother, the knee, even before the doctor. Even before she was born, God knew about that knee. So, if it gets all better, only God knows. But I cannot see getting on my knees, squinting my eyes, pursing my lips, like G.W. Bush at a photo op. Jesus said whatever you do, do it in your closet and what God sees in private and secret he/she/it rewards openly.  Every day I am grateful that I belong to no religion that requires a hat. Hats get smelly very fast and then you have to walk around with a smelly hat. Not good!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?