Thursday, February 16, 2012

Re-installing Paltalk on Windows 7

I am still getting used to having TWO users defined in Windows 7, one non-admin and one super-admin.  I had installed paltalk.com in the superadmin account and had neglected to click on the option that makes the shortcut accessible to ALL USERS (because I was not thinking of defining other users) and as a result, each time I installed Paltalk in my non-admin account, I could use it find, but it vanished once I logged off. SO, I had to log in as super admin, uninstall paltalk, download and reinstall, and this time make the shortcut available to ALL users. Paltalk is sneaky and tries to install Ask.com toolbar and search engine which it did to me once. One must be careful to uncheck those options because Ask.com is annoying and inferior.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?