Thursday, March 08, 2012

Pleased with Kindle Fire

I am pleased with Kindle Fire. I am almost through reading "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jarred Diamond. I can LOCK the screen rotation and read in bed in the dark with the backlit screen without the screen jumping from portrait to landscape. Erik Grettir Jacobs taught me the trick to turn off Wi-Fi and conserve energy. You only need Wi-Fi to browse the bookstore or download. Samples of books are free and generous in length. I searched on LIBERALS and notice that there is only one pro liberal book for every liberal-bashing title. I am looking over Paul Krugman "The Conscience of a Liberal" and Eric Alterman "Why We're Liberals" .  I would like to read "The Party - the Secret World of China's Communist Rulers" by Richard McGregor . I downloads some samples of Hannah Arendt "Essays in Understanding" and "Responsibility and Judgment" . There are a number of free books, classics, prior to 1930's and in public domain. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?